Senior Systems Consultant
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Ottawa, ON
IDS Systems is currently seeking to expand its team of senior technology advisory consultants. Our team works with a wide range of clients, and on challenging projects with new technologies and enterprise-calibre systems. As part of our team, you would work with client IT departments and the organization executives to expand their capabilities through projects and initiatives – Our goal is to facilitate improvements to their technology infrastructure to facilitate their business operations.
We are currently looking for experienced professionals with the ability to work directly with IT managers and directors performing tasks that include identifying client needs, documenting strategies, technology research, presentations and project management. If this sounds like a career move that would be of interest, please read on…
In this role, you will be responsible for providing technology research, plans, design and assessments to a varied set of clients ranging in size from 100 to 20,0000 employees. Specific technologies will include virtualization, networking, security, server environments, storage, data protection and cloud integration. You will frequently be tasked to perform project management duties for larger customer initiatives, and your experience assist with some business development activities.
You will perform your duties both at the IDS corporate offices as well as at client premises primarily within the National Capital Region. Access to personal transportation and a valid driver’s license is required for this role. You will interact with client end-user technical resources, management and executive, as well as with peer technology professionals.
· Design technical solutions for client Information Technology infrastructures
· Assessment reports with recommendations and technology solution architecture designs, including drawings.
· Work with senior client IT staff to provide solutions and recommendations
· Plan network and platform upgrades commensurate with client requirements and priorities
· Assist with escalated issues from peer resources when appropriate
· Perform occasional out of town activities requiring day-travel
· Interact with suppliers, manufacturers and vendors for necessary support activities
· Provide project management to client activities
· Provide product specialist duties on selected technologies
· Thorough understanding of WAN technologies and approaches
· Thorough understanding of server, storage, networking and security
· Thorough understanding of disaster recovery approaches and concerns
· Experience in network design, including layer 2 and layer 3 networks, VPNs and firewalls
· Recent hands on technical skill set in one area, e.g. messaging, linux
· Fluent in English – spoken and written, spoken French would be an asset
· Security cleared Secret or higher required
· Fluent with Microsoft Project and the Microsoft Office suite
· Experience creating budgets and financial plans
· Experience presenting to management and executives
· Excellent English writing skills