“Riverbed delivers the single largest paradigm shift that the networking industry has seen in over a decade with its Steelhead product line“, Randy Peckham, IDS Systems Chief Technology Architect.
Since the WAN is critical to so much of our customer’s business, WAN optimization can deliver massive improvements to a wide range of top IT initiatives:
- Accelerate application performance up to 50X, increasing business productivity.
- Consolidate in the branch and datacenter, with payback within the same year – often in only a few months.
- Optimize file sharing, web, email and even voice video – all at the same time.
- Leverage cloud economics without compromise.
- Protect data more completely, with less cost and effort.
- Solve corporate information sharing problems faster than ever before.
Riverbed leads the WAN optimization space, with innovation around comprehensive offerings, and the highest performance for the most applications.
A wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. The performance of the WAN is critical to everything organizations do. With Riverbed® WAN optimization solutions, businesses run faster and more efficiently, while delivering consistent service levels and cutting the costs of their IT infrastructure.
Steelhead products from Riverbed®:
- Accelerate the broad range of applications businesses care about most, including file sharing (CIFS and NFS), Exchange (MAPI), Lotus Notes, web (HTTP- and HTTPS-based applications), database (MS SQL and Oracle), and disaster recovery (EMC SRDF and FCIP) applications, using a range of application protocol-specific features that are unique to Riverbed
- Enable the consolidation of file, email, and application servers from remote branches to reduce costs and complexity — without sacrificing performance
- Cut bandwidth usage, typically by 60- 95 percent, allowing you to defer expensive upgrades
- Offer real-time visibility into application and WAN performance, so you can use applications and resources more efficiently and effectively
- Optimize performance while maintaining security to help you meet audit, compliance regulations, and other security requirements
- Deploy in minutes without changes to applications, users, routers, or IT infrastructure
- Integrate easily and seamlessly into the most complex environments
- Scale to hundreds of sites with any-to-any connectivity; support tens of thousands of users on one device
With Riverbed Virtual Steelhead appliances, WAN optimization now extends to deployments where physical hardware may not be conveniently suited. Military deployments typically use ruggedized custom hardware, on which running a virtual machine is more convenient. Space-limited scenarios, such as mobile news vans or construction trailers may also require a form factor that is free from the physical limitations of hardware appliances.
Randy Blogs about BYOD
Check out the recent blog about BYOD… seems to be all the rage!! http://idssystems.com/?p=1566
Five Rules of Automation – New Blog
Automation, virtualization – isn’t it all magic? It works perfectly all the time, right? Isn’t it always cheaper? There are all comon beliefs, but to be sure, there is a …
- Randy Blogs about BYOD