IDS Systems provides reliable and comprehensive technology solutions that allow organizations to leverage technology as a strategic asset. In order to facilitate their implementation and support, IDS maintains several solutions that are
indispensable to the modern technology-enabled operation.
IDS DataGuard is a comprehensive solution that provides a comprehensive backup and recovery, business continuity and disaster recovery capability in an unprecedented packaging model. As a hybrid cloud-provisioned solution, IDS DataGuard is a fully featured solution that replaces the majority of backup solutions that are currently deployed in most environments. As an appliance-based solution that leverages cloud and virtualization capabilities, it allows the organization to completely eliminate tape-based backups.
Backup and Recovery
- A simple and straightforward on and off-site backup solution for the small to medium-sized market. The solution stores data locally on the appliance and uses a powerful backup deduplication and compression process to transmit and synchronize mirrored data off-site to Canadian data centres. It provides on-site availability with redundant off-site backups.
- Integration with almost any 3rd party backup solution, you don’t need to discard investments you have already made. No backup software? No problem. DataGuard can provide a complete solution by itself. In fact, you could simply deploy the device as a network attached drive and it will protect itself and the data you place on it.
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- With local and remote copies of data, smaller events that impact a single server or larger ones that affect the entire data centre are easily handled.
- Embedded virtualization technology permits a failed server to be immediately redeployed right on the backup appliance, while the original server is being repaired.
- Cloud-based virtualization of the backed up data allow the entire data centre to be reconstructed in minutes on secure cloud-provisioned virtual servers. While you deal with the events at hand, your organization continues to be effective.
Eliminates Tape Backups
- There is no tape drive – all data is stored on hard disk, so there is no media to swap – ever.
- Appliances range in size from 250 GB to 5 TB. With our compression and deduplication, that allows for individual backups of up to 40 TB. Deduplication and compression allows achievement of up to 40X compression rates.
- Bare metal restores are available for Windows servers, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Servers – along with all of their data.
- Local and off-site backups are totally automated. Even if the appliance is tuned off, your environment is safe and accessible. Our staffed operations centre is there to assist you around the clock.
- Are your servers hosted in a third party location or co-lo facility? With IDS DataGuard the appliance is fully accessible, even when shut off. With remote control capability the device can be activated and fully reconfigured without anyone being in front of it.
- Personnel Security - All IDS Systems staff are Canadian Federal Government security cleared to a minimum of Enhanced Reliability and most hold a Secret level clearance or higher. We conduct police background checks on our staff and do not permit access to internal systems to other than employee resources. IDS Systems maintains a “Staff Priority” hiring model. In this regard, all responsibilities related to system monitoring and supporting and monitoring infrastructure are supported entirely by internal staff and never by subcontractors.
- Corporate Security - IDS Systems is a Canadian Federal Government security cleared organization at the Secret level. We have implemented internal policies for the safeguarding of information, and in particular client-related information. We also maintain a Canadian Federal Government facility clearance with document safeguarding and retention approval up to the Secret level. All corporate data is maintained within the corporate offices and never leaves Canadian borders.
- Solution Security - All data that is transmitted and stored off site is encrypted using AES 256 + SSL key based encryption before transmission. Our cloud data centre is SAS70 Type II Certified – meeting all certifications required by AICPA’s Auditing Standards Board. Data centres are audited annually to ensure they maintain optimum standards of performance and security.
Customized Functionality Levels
- Base Protection – The basic protection level offered is IDS’ DataGuard provides off-site backup, 3 year warranty on hardware, technical support, no recovery fees, optional data replication capabilities and bare metal restores and high performance compression and deduplication. Once you have purchased the appliance, you pay a minimal monthly fee to provide ongoing capabilities and support. Billed monthly in advance, the service is priced based on the volume of data being protected. Alerts are provided via e-mail to designated addresses. Our Operations Support Team monitor the alerts to ensure all devices are operating properly. IDS personnel do not actively monitor the backup jobs, however, our resources may be engaged on a fee-based ad-hoc support basis. Ad-hoc support is offered on a best-effort basis during normal business hours.
- Enhanced Protection – When the infrastructure being monitored is more critical, the Base Protection service may be augmented to an Enhanced Protection level. Including all of the features of the Base Protection, Enhanced Protection includes snapshots as well as on and off-site virtualization capabilities. Bare metal restores are included with this service level. Additionally, our monitoring tools escalate alerts to IDS’ internal operators for immediate action. They follow through directly with the client to inform them of the issues and ensure that they are being addressed. This service provides a first-line triage that ensures that the proper resources address the incident. Full incident tracking is provided until resolution is achieved. Incident ticketing is provided with this service level. Enhanced protection is billed in the same manner as is Base Protection with a slight premium to support the enhanced service level.
- Critical Systems Protection – Many organizations employ technology that is too complex to deal with internally and which cause big headaches when they are not available. For these environments, the Critical Systems Protection service is intended to provide the level of protection that these environments require. All features of Enhanced Protection are included in this service level with the addition of instant on and off-site virtualization capabilities, off-site image verification, and screen shot validation of backup success are provided. Recovery of Microsoft Exchange mailboxes is provided down to the individual message level and SharePoint recoveries are also granular. Critical Systems Protection is billed in the same manner as is Enhanced Protection. Additional IDS services, in particular the Critical Systems Support service, can also be added to this service as deemed necessary.
The IDS DataGuard solution is sized based on the volume of data to be protected. All but the very smallest solution is configured with RAID protected hard drives. The appliance is either a small form-factor mini-tower enclosure or a 2U rack-mount server. All data connections are 1 Gb Ethernet, and starting at the 2 TB unit, includes multiple data interfaces.
Cloud Technology Team
IDS Systems is a full service technology consulting organization. Our team of technical resources account for more than 90% of our staff, including personnel that are highly skilled in most technology products currently deployed. Our affiliation and partnerships with strategic manufacturers and software vendors allows us to escalate issues rapidly and effectively.
More information can be obtained at the following resources:
Randy Blogs about BYOD
Check out the recent blog about BYOD… seems to be all the rage!! http://idssystems.com/?p=1566
Five Rules of Automation – New Blog
Automation, virtualization – isn’t it all magic? It works perfectly all the time, right? Isn’t it always cheaper? There are all comon beliefs, but to be sure, there is a …
- Randy Blogs about BYOD